Our most fundamental workplace goal is to send every employee home safe and sound, every day.
That is the only acceptable standard of performance.
We take extensive precautions to protect our employees, contractors, customers, and the public from electrical mishaps. These include:
- Emergency action plans in the event of natural disasters, fires, terrorist threats, and other crises.
- Crisis response training and drills covering everything from data breaches to loss of radiation containment at nuclear power stations.
- Fencing, signage, and asset monitoring around electric infrastructure and facilities.
- Aerial inspections for hard-to-reach areas.
- Tree trimming and right-of-way maintenance to prevent downed lines.
- Distribution pole inspection, which is conducted on 10- and 12-year cycles.
- Call Before You Dig to keep the public from digging near electric infrastructure.
- Overhead safety messaging for first responders, contractors, and others who might work in the vicinity of high-voltage overhead power lines.
- Safety messaging prior to major weather events to keep customers safe during power restoration efforts.
- Safety demonstrations illustrating the dangers of live power lines.
- A Dominion Energy Virginia Power Delivery safety training program to instruct employees about job hazard analysis, arc flash hazards, and more.
- Accident investigations that are conducted for all injuries and significant near misses.
- A written hazard communication program that includes hazard communication plans for all offices.